Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Getting started again - Day 3

Day 3

i am sitting here watching my kids play charades.  it amazes me that they love to have our eyes as parents on them.  there are 6 t.v.'s, I-Pods, Wii, basketball goal in the living room, and numerous toys to play with.  they just want to spend time with us.  and when i say spend time, i mean, real quality time...

when i asked my kids what they thought we should do for them and what they wanted us to do together, their reply was very interesting....

Parker  10 yrs old said:
Be nice to us.  Give me more donuts(he could only have 6 after dinner).  Go to lazer zone and play lazer tag and mini golf.  Play more games together...

Faith 7 yrs old said:
I think you should take us to lazer zone and go out to eat...

heather and i found it very interesting they wanted to do it with us and not by themselves...  guess it goes to show you all the money in the world can't buy time spent with our family...

so, where do we go from here?  glad you asked....

taking your Day 2 answers from your family, you now have a choice to change or not....  it is up to you...

Deut. 6  tells us "love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all our soul and with all your strength.  These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts.  Impress them on your children.  Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up......."

Ephesians 6 tells us "husbands, love your wives just as Christ loved the church.."

Proverbs 2  tells us "if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding-indeed if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding.  then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God...."

your family has spoken and maybe God is using the time you spent asking them their thoughts as a time for you to get started again......

What 3 things are you going to commit to doing different from this day forward?

1.
2.
3.


this is very difficult to send your answers out for all the world to see, but how else are we going to help one another become what we are suppose to be...

respond to this opportunity before you, so you will become who you say you are in Christ and who your family needs you to become....

justinpresley1977@gmail.com



2 comments:

  1. 1. I am going to take more control of my home spiritually. (this one hurt)
    2. I am going to not be so selfish with my time and give more to my boys.
    3. I am going to be the lead prayer warrior at my house.

    Very challenging stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I am going to be more involved daily with my children and wife.

    2. I am going to make time for each of my kids individually.

    3. I am going to be more open in prayer with my children.

    ReplyDelete