Monday, September 9, 2013

Truck or Trailer?????

This morning as I read my devotional, it was very interesting.  It talked about LOVE and how we are supposed to LOVE no matter what. It was also the same sermon I heard from Rusty yesterday at church...Weird how God does this kind of stuff.....

"If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.  If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.  If I give all I have to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing."
1 Corinthians 13:1-3

I went to the gym to work out this morning and I couldn't get the thought of what all this means out of my head....


I thought about all the times I must have sounded like a gong or a clanging cymbal.  You know what I am talking about.  I thought about all the times I have studied to figure things out and told myself I have a desired faith to serve God, but it was about me and not Him.  I thought about all the times we have given things to people waiting to see their response for self gratification.  I thought about all the times I have went through hardship and God has been faithful, only for me to use it to my advantage....

Then it hit me as I was hitching up the trailer after my workout.  Am I the truck or the trailer?  I said to myself, "what if i hitched up God everyday and took Him wherever I went, would I love then, NO MATTER WHAT?"

I sat in my truck wondering this easy question....Truck or Trailer?

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man comes to the Father but through me."

Jesus said to the disciples,"Come follow me, and I will make you fishers of men."

We have sang the words, "I have decided to follow Jesus..."

We have sang the words, "Wherever He leads, I'll go..."

So, I prayed to God and asked him to guide me in my decision.....


Challenge:

Are you the truck or the trailer?

No comments:

Post a Comment